Needs some ideas for baseball Christmas gifts? We got you covered! Here are some gift ideas for your baseball player, ranging from fresh, new products to “best of” the classic ones.
1) Protection for hitters – Give the gift of feeling invincible
When a hitter pulls back from good-to-hit pitches because of fear, it makes hitting really difficult. And injuries aren’t fun either! Here are few things that can help…
Batter’s leg guard – If your baseball player has a tendency to foul the ball off his shin or foot, try one of these leg protectors. The most popular and which many pros use is Evoshield
Elbow guard – This is my personal favorite. Once I got hit in the elbow. There’s no muscle or fat there, so it hurt like crazy and swelled up huge. After that, the thought of getting hit again was lingering in my mind. That is, until I started wearing the elbow guard and then I didn’t have to worry about it anymore.
Padded shirt to wear underneath the uniform (Great extra protection for catchers and infielders, too) – Sometimes this is more of a mental help than anything else, if your player needs a boost of confidence
2) Smush balls – Give the gift of playing baseball anywhere
I use these in the driveway when my daughter wants to hit baseballs. It’s key to staying on good terms with my neighbors.
It’s made of a foam that is dense enough that it’s still fun to hit and throw, but soft enough that it won’t break windows, dent cars… or leave bruises.
3) Swag – Give the gift of individuality
In a sport where everyone is wearing the same uniform, swag is a fun way for kids to express their personality and individual style
- Compression Arm Sleeve – This would be my #1 choice. These sleeves are fun, and very popular right now
- Eye black in any color (Under $10) – There’s just something about eye black that makes you feel tougher and more confident!
- Eyeblack you can write words on (Under $10) – This is a sticker and it comes with a white pen to write on it with
- Lizard Skin bat grip – Bat grip that many pros use and comes in many different colors
4. The good stuff – Give the gift of tools to improve your game
1) 7’x7′ Net to practice hitting and throwing anywhere – Here are quick links to the three best rated 7×7 nets you can get on Amazon with free shipping
- Rukket – (This is the only one I have personally tried, and I really liked it how easy it was to set up and take down. It’s also the only one with 5 stars on Amazon)
- Tanner Net (US company with a great reputation for quality. Not available on Amazon)
- GoSports (Most economical, good reviews)
2) Pocket Radar – For hitting, pitching, and throwing – “You can’t improve what you can’t measure”
- Watch my video review to see the difference between the Pocket Radar Ball Coach and Smart Coach
- Buy the Pocket Radar Ball Coach
- Buy the Pocket Radar Smart Coach
3) Batting Tee (always a critical piece of baseball equipment!) – Here are my favorites:
- Tanner Heavy (My favorite; works on any raised home plate or uneven surface, won’t fall over when you hit)
- Tanner Pro (A little more economical, travel friendly, and won’t fall over when you hit)
4) Infield training aids
- Paddle or paddle glove for developing a quick “glove to throw” transition. (If it were me, I’d prefer the paddle glove)
- Small Glove – Taking your normal ground balls with a 9.5″ glove is a great way to work on your hand-eye coordination. This is something I always keep in my baseball bag. Best small glove https://amzn.to/38pVfs3 ; Most economical glove https://amzn.to/2P8nYd3
- Reaction ball https://amzn.to/34cQQ8h (Under $10)
5. Online instruction – Give the gift of in-depth learning from professional baseball players
If you want to come back from this off season with a whole new set of elite defensive skills to make your teammates and coaches say “WOW”, check out these online training programs.
Christmas discount coupon – For $100 off plus some special bonuses, use the code CHRISTMAS19. Click the links below to learn more…
- Online infield training from a Major Leaguer $100 OFF with code CHRISTMAS19
- Online catcher training from a Major Leaguer $100 OFF with code CHRISTMAS19
(Must use the discount code to get the $100 Christmas discount)
Cheers to you, the tireless parent who sacrifices your time and personal desires to love on your kids. You’re an inspiration, and you’re creating memories that will last a lifetime! I hope this helps inspire some great ideas for that will make your baseball player very happy on Christmas morning.
Yours in baseball,
Important – Most of the links in this email are affiliate links. That means if you buy something, a % of your purchase goes towards helping Pro Baseball Insider keep our free baseball instruction from the pros free for everyone. So thank you! And in case you were wondering, here’s two important things to know (1) This doesn’t change what you pay… it doesn’t raise your price or cost you anything extra, (2) I only recommend products I have confidence in, or I will be very upfront about any drawbacks I’m aware of. Most importantly, I NEVER recommend something just because of a commission (I’ve turned down many nice offers because I didn’t believe in the product. It was a little bit awkward actually, but totally worth it to maintain integrity.).