Bat Speed – Pro quick tip to increase bat speed
The guys with the quickest bat speed are really loose with their upper half. If you try to really tense up and use your large muscles… you large muscles are slow, they’re powerful but slow. So you want to try to incorporate both.
With the lower half, we really want to fire the legs and fire the hips. Usually we squat more than we bench press, so that’s why we really want to activate our lower half.
The key though… Really light grip and really tension free up top. So when we start our swing, our swing starts from the ground up. We start to rotate the hips, and now the hands can whip through the zone. So we’re not pushing or pulling through the zone, we’re whipping it through the zone.
Just that little piece can really help with your bat speed.
More related tips and instructions from the pros!
- 7 absolutes of how to hit a baseball – improve bat speed, hit harder and bat more consistently
- The ideal bat path – get the most our of your baseball swing
- Baseball hitting strategy – win your mental battle with the pitcher
- All Pro tips and instruction on hitting – All pro hitting instruction from PBI
- Best hitting aids and batting drill equipment – gear review
- Guide to best wood bats – gear review
To get notified of new posts like this one, join our email list!