100% free, Pitching tips and instruction, exclusively from the pros
- Billy Wagner’s 3 Tips for a Baseball Long Toss Program – MLB All Star Billy Wagner (422 saves, 16 years pitching in the MLB, 1,196 strikeouts) shares video tips for how he runs his son’s high school baseball long toss program, including a warm up, proper throwing mechanics to increase velocity, and more.
- How to Throw a changeup – Former Minnesota Twins pitcher Anthony Slama shares tips for how to throw a changeup, including beginner to advanced grip variations.
- Arm care for Pitchers – Former Colorado Rockies starter and current arm care specialist Jason Hirsh talks about how to keep pitcher’s arms healthy and avoid injury. He discusses which pitching mechanics are red flags, proper arm warmup and cooldown, and more.
- Effective Velocity – The strategy that makes an average pitch WAY more effective
- 4 Tips for How to throw a curveball – from L.A. Angels pitcher Garrett Richards
- How to Throw a Slider -L.A. Angels pitcher Garrett Richard shares tips in this free video
- Pitchers Gear – 4 Contraptions to make a Pitcher’s life easier – what the pro pitchers who log hundreds of hours on the field are actually using. Just a few things that could make your life a little easier.
- Types of pitches – How to identify types of pitches, and know what each pitch does.
- Best Baseball Practice nets
- Why you should be agressive and throw strike one – Pitching tip from former MLB pitcher Jeff Juden
- Throwing Strength – What do Baseball Scouts look for and how do YOU stack up? Tips from veteran Orioles scout Jim Thrift on what scouts are looking for with regard to pitcher’s and fielder’s throwing strength
- How Awareness can make or break your career
- HOW to practice Mental Skills for Baseball – 3 tips for practicing mental skills from a Minnesota Twins A infielder
- The Tech tool elite athletes use for an unfair advantage in muscle and arm health and recovery
- And just for fun, You Know You’re a Baseball Player when…
@lowliners @dougbernier I would say learn early how to throw a CH. Easy/safe off speed pitch throw at a young age! Gonna need it later too!
— Kyle Gibson (@kgib44) March 15, 2015
More COMING SOON!
More free pitching tips, instruction and videos will soon be added. Sign up for our monthly update to be notified when new articles and video are available.
I am 15 years old. This is my third year playing baseball with local teams. I pitch at 70 mph. I want lessons in pitching and hitting as I never had a private coach. Please help me find a coach in the Silver Spring, MD area. Thank you.
Where can I get Major League Baseball’s pitchers Daily Pitch Counts on a daily basis?
Please write me if you know the answer.
I am a high school pitching coach still learning the ins and outs and want to know if it’s good to ice while jogging poles after pitching in a game or in the pen? I would also like to know what a good pole routine is as I’m currently having them run 2 poles for each inning pitched or a minimum for 4 poles. Should I increase this? I am also in the process of teaching the kids how to tell me whether they have pain or fatigue after throwing. Keep in mind I have zero P.O.’s, each one of my pitchers plays the field as numbers don’t work out. This being said I am trying to keep pitch counts low to keep their arms healthy. Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from you very soon.
I manage a little league team (majors division) and your advice and instruction here are really helpfull for me in coaching these kids!! Thank you SO MUCH Doug for having this resource available
Hopefully there will be much more valuable instruction to come.