14. What is circumference of baseball? 9 inches
A – 7 inches
B – 8 inches
C – 9 inches
13. True or False? The size of pitching rubber is 24 inches by 12 inches.
12. What size is the batter’s box?
A – 4′ x 7′
B – 3.5′ x 6
C – 4′ x 6′
11. What’s the distance from home plate to second base?
10. How wide is home plate?
9. True or false? A baseball weighs 7oz
8. How Many Stitches does a baseball have?
7. True or False? A cupped bat brings the “sweet spot” about an inch closer to your hands than a non cupped bat.
Phoenix Bats wood bat FAQ page has a nice little discussion on cupping and bat sweet spots. (Incidentally, if you order a bat from them, using the code DougB10 will get you a 10% discount on your whole order.)
6. True or False? Both feet must be in fair territory for 1st baseman holding runners on at 1st base.
5. Which Hall of Famer was also the oldest MLB rookie?
4. Batter hits a screaming line drive that strikes the pitcher’s rubber and bounces back behind home plate; fair or foul?
3. If a hitter has plus speed, what is the best way to position the infielders and why?
A – One step pull
B – One step closer to hitter
C – Pinch the middle
D – Hug the lines (no doubles)
2. What is the most you would have to turn a baseball (no matter how you grab it), to make sure you have an ideal 4 seam grip for throwing across the infield or from the outfield?
- A) 1/2 turn of the baseball
- B) 1/4 turn of the baseball
- C) 3/4 turn of the baseball
1. What are the two most used ways to defend the push bunt? Which way do you think is more effective?
I personally think that if it’s not where the first baseman can field it and touch the bag himself he should let the 2nd baseman field it. It is more difficult for the 2nd baseman to race over to first base and stop on the bag. If he goes past the bag he will collide with the runner.
Source: Doug Bernier, Minnesota Twins
Do you know a good trivia questions? Share it with us at Sarah@probaseballinsider.com. We’ll post it up and send you a T-shirt too!
Looking for more free tips from the pros? (Yes, it’s free)
- More free baseball instruction for hitting | 1st base | 2nd base | shortstop | 3rd base | outfield | catchers.
- Hitting drills: ebook + unlock streaming video for each drill, all for just 50 cents per drill – A project to support the free baseball instruction on this site. Click here to show your support: Baseball Hitting Drills for a Batting Tee
- Pro recommendations for best baseball gear
If you don’t want to miss future tips and quizzes (exclusively from the pros), then be sure to choose “Get notifications” on our Facebook page.