Professional baseball players recommend their top picks for best baseball equipment, performance apparel, hitting aids, and more.
We test our gear to the max everyday on the field, and now we’re going to share our favorites with you.
- Catcher’s Gear – The real deal about catchers mitts and protective gear. Which catchers gear do the pros like?
- Infield Gloves – The top 8 infield gloves
- Batting Gloves – Trust us when we say that all batting gloves are NOT created equal! But don’t worry, we’ll help you pick some good ones.
- Baseball Glove Sizing – What size glove should you be using
- Sunglasses – Which sunglasses do pro players like to use on the field
- Training Aids & Protective Gear – Protective cups, training aids, and more
- Best Wood Bats – 8 recommended bat companies, and how to tell good wood from bad
- Best Baseball Practice Nets – We are in the process of testing nets and sharing our findings with you. So far we’ve got some winners and some losers!
- Best baseball bat sensors
Note: Baseball Hitting Drills for a Batting Tee now available
- Metal Bats – Guide to buying metal bats, including current regulations and which brands are
- Baseball Cleats – Not all cleats are created equal.
- Performance Clothing – From cold weather gear to sliding shorts, find out which models areu recommended by the guys who use it everyday, 10 hours a day, for 7 months a year
- Top 5 Batting Tees – The tees on this page are the ones I have personally used and recommend after testing them with thousands of swings.
- Pine tar – There are 3 types of pine tar that I know of that work well and won’t lose stickiness in hot or cold weather.
- Rossin (See Pine tar)
- Best Hitting Aids
MORE COMING SOON! We will be working very hard in the next couple weeks to provide you with free information on baseball products. Sign up for our monthly updates, and we will notify you as we get new content available.
Our Pledge to you: 100% honest baseball equipment reviews and recommendations, personally given by professional baseball players from the MLB or MiLB. We recommend the gear we choose to use every day on the baseball field, and why we like it. Our goal is to help you find your best baseball gear.
Product Guides – General guidelines to help you choose which gear is right for you.
Recommendations and Reviews – Specific products recommended by a pro.
Thanks for sharing the information. This information will really help those who playing baseball
Hi, my son is a 14yo catcher. He will need a new mitt soon and we’ve looked at the All Star mitts shiv he likes. I was wondering if you have evaluated the Marucci catcher’s mitts or have any knowledge of there quality. His current mitt is an Akedema which hasn’t held up very well.
You guys should do an article on glove conditioners and the importance of it. There are so many types and brands of conditioners it would be awesome to hear how a pro takes car of his mitt. Thanks.
Thanks for the timely response. I was browsing the site and clearly didnt see that but Thank Again. Love the site by the way.
What kind of Pine Tar do the Pro’s use? Is there anything else they do to their bats?
Cody, that is a good question. There are only a few types of pine tar that I would use or recommend. I talk more about them on our page for Training Aids and Protective Gear. Hope this helps.
Thanks for posting the latest products. Keep posting for more.
We would love to have you review our product. Please check out our press page on our site as well as our videos on youtube. We’re currently in Walmart’s “Get on the Shelf” contest. We would be happy to send a sample for your review.
Creator of the Dugout Hero